- This event has passed.
SmartClass: Ways of visualizing science and technology
May 24, 2016 @ 18:00 - 19:30
Prof. Rosário Durão
Tuesday, May 24th, 18h-19h30, ISCTE, room B103
The VISTAC – Science and Technology Visuals in Action Engineering Pilot Study aims to understand how engineering professionals use, produce and speak about/reflect on S&T visuals, in their workplaces. Through preliminary surveys, onsite ethnographic and video-ethnographic observations, and reflective interviews, the study seeks to answer the following research questions:
- When, where and how do engineers from different parts of the world use, produce and speak about/reflect on S&T visuals in their workplaces?
- What are the similarities and differences in the way engineers use, produce and speak about/reflect on S&T visuals in their workplaces?
- What are the similarities and differences in the visuals engineers produce?
- What is the reasoning behind engineers’ visual practices and visual representations?
- How do rhetorical, company, professional, sociocultural, technological, political, geographic and human factors, among others, shape and are shaped by the visuals engineers produce?
- Checkin start 20-30 minutes before session
- Registration is highly recommended due the limitation of seats