- This event has passed.
FSFE President’s Talk/ Palestra de Presidente da FSFE
March 28, 2017 @ 18:30 - 20:00
The long way to empower people to control technology
Software is deeply involved in all aspects of our lives. It is important that this technology empowers rather than restricts us. Free Software gives everybody the rights to use, understand, adapt and share software. These rights help support other fundamental rights like freedom of speech, freedom of press and privacy.
The Free Software Foundation Europe is a charity that empowers users to control technology by:
- Helping individuals and organisations to understand how Free Software contributes to freedom, transparency, and self-determination.
- Enhancing users’ rights by abolishing barriers to Free Software adoption.
- Encouraging people to use and develop Free Software.
- Providing resources to enable everyone to further promote Free Software in Europe.
In this talk Matthias will talk about how he joined the FSFE, highlight the importance of Free Software for society, give some examples of the FSFE’s work from the past 15 years, and show how you as individual or organisation can work with us the FSFE and its local associate ANSOL for software freedom.
This event is supported by MOSS, the Open Source Masters program in ISCTE, and ISCTE’s ACM Student Chapter.
- Checkin start 20-30 minutes before session
- Registration is highly recommended due the limitation of seats